The January 30th Telarus Tuesday call brought Masergy’s Security Solutions Architect, Trevor Parks to talk about how their Unified Enterprise Security will help grow your Agent or VAR-based business.
Masergy’s Managed Security
For almost two decades, Masergy has been pushing the edges of technology. Masergy’s Managed Security solutions offer comprehensive managed detection and response services on a global scale, tailored to meet every budget. Their Managed Security solutions include:
- Unified Enterprise Security – Their security ecosystem includes advanced analytics and patented machine learning techniques that recognize sophisticated attacks.
- Security Operations – Masergy’s staff of certified security experts provide 24/7 network monitoring. They employ well-defined processes customized to work with your incident response requirements.
- Professional Services – Work with a trusted partner to assess risks and ensure compliance with comprehensive security audits, vulnerability assessments, and penetration testing.
You might be wondering why some of the most well-resourced organizations get continually breached. The truth is that it isn’t because the technologies they have don’t work, it is often because the IT staff is overwhelmed with too many alarms, logs and disconnected solutions not working together. This translates into something going unnoticed or missed. At the end of the day even if you have every possible security solution in place it only one unpatched vulnerability, one misconfiguration or one user mistake for an attacker to get in. All the market analysts agree that the best technology available today to detect a compromise is MDR (Managed Detection and Response solution). So how does MDR work? Every single compromise that ever occurs goes through every piece of the “kill chain.” Below you can view a representation of this kill chain:
The most important thing for you to remember is Dwell Time, which is the duration an attacker maintains a presen5ce inside the environment before being detected. This is where security professionals have the most control and where and MDR solution provides the most value in reducing the Dwell Time. Being able to reduce Dwell Time from months to days, to even hours is the most important thing in any security solution.
Masergy’s managed security solution which is an MDR takes a comprehensive approach to manage detection. It’s an optimized combination of technology, process, and expert analyst all working together. Masergy’s MDR includes:
- Detection & Response Ecosystem – Rigorous coverage.
- Analytics & Risk Prioritization – High-quality alerts.
- Cohesive Security Team – Better, faster response.
- Security Incident Resolution – Superior security outcomes.
Uncovering MDR Opportunities
Agents usually want to know how to find MDR opportunities. There are a few probing questions you can ask your customers to identify MDR opportunities a little bit easier:
- Who do you currently use for your 24/7 security monitoring?
- How satisfied are you with your current security provider?
- Please tell me about any cyber incidents your organization has experienced recently?
- What security solutions do you have deployed today?
- What is your remediation plan when a threat is found?
- What is your budget for managed security services?
So, once you have uncovered an MDR opportunity how do you know if they are a good fit for Masergy’s MDR?
- Existing managed firewall customers.
- Existing contracts with Secureworks, AlertLogic, or any managed security provider.
- Regional banks, financial institutions, and legal firms.
- Overburdened IT staff.
- Existing security solutions (i.e., SIEM) not monitored 24/7.
- Needs 24/7 security monitoring & considering in-house SOC.
- Needs to fulfill compliance such as PCI, HIPPA, GDPR, etc.
There are a lot of benefits to selling Masergy MDR. For the customer it combines technology and people. Masergy can solve the compliance issue for their customers whether it’s PCI or HIPPA. Another major benefit to selling Masergy MDR is that they often complement existing deployments. There are also benefits for you when you sell Masergy MDR. If you are not used to having the security conversation, this can get you in the door a lot of the times. Masergy has a quick implementation time (two to four-weeks), and they can fit in just about any type of organization. Want to get started with Masergy MDR? Here are the next steps:
Your Next Steps:
- Discover and qualify a prospect.
- Hand off to a Masergy account manager for a discovery call.
Masergy’s Next Steps:
- Initiate a discovery call and sales presentation.
- Design a security solution.
- Generate price estimate
- Work with customer & partner to close the deal.
If you want to learn about Masergy MDR visit www.masergy.com.