The January 23rd Telarus Tuesday call brought Imperva’s Principal Security Solutions Architect, Trevor Parks to talk about how Imperva Incapsula can improve your website security and performance.
Who is Imperva?
Imperva is a leading provider of data and application security solutions that protect business-critical information in the cloud and on-premises. Founded in 2002, they have enjoyed a steady history of growth and success. Imperva protects you from cybercriminals whether they external actors or malicious insiders. They protect cloud applications, websites and applications, files, SharePoint systems, databases and big data repositories from both theft and ever-evolving extortion attacks like DDoS and ransomware. Their technology provides granular visibility into how users access data and applications and uses sophisticated user tracking and classification to detect and block cyberattacks, botnets, unauthorized users and malicious insiders. Imperva’s global network currently consists of forty data centers with over 4.7 Tbps capacity. The map below will show you where their points of presence are located globally.
About Imperva Incapsula
Getting customers to your data used to consist of a connection to a web server, but as more people got on the internet that footprint needed to expand. Things like load balancers came into the conversation; this helped distribute the number of users acrosssome web servers to have fast working websites. Soon after this global internet came about which meant content needed to be distributed. This is where we saw things like security taking shape; we also started seeing Scrubbing Centers and Scrubbing Devices which are now removing the malicious traffic from the connection to the web server. Once Google came around, we started seeing bots, so services specifically geared towards removing or managing bots started being offered. You can search the internet to find a myriad of specific services designed to meet the needs of businesses, but why do that when there is Imperva Incapsula?
When you use Imperva Incapsula, there is a single point of presence where all of the information is stored. What makes Imperva unique in this space is that they didn’t build this solution by having to buy certain products or having to merge technologies, it was built from the ground up to work as a single solution. Imperva Incapsula provides:
- Network DDoS Rules
- Application DDoS Rules
- WAF Rules
- Client Classification
- App Delivery Rules
Incapsula reduces costs and simplifies operations by consolidating multiple appliances or services into a single service that is designed to meet the needs of small and large enterprises. There are four key pillars; these include website security, DDoS protections, CDN & Optimizer, and Load Balancing & Failover. A simple change to your DNS activates Incapsula, no hardware or software is required. Once activated, Incapsula accelerates content delivery with a combination of caching and content optimization. It then filters malicious traffic for websites, single IP addresses in the cloud or entire networks, blocking everything from DDoS assaults to spamming attempts to more sophisticated database injection attacks. Incapsula also provides load balancing and failover within your data center or across global data centers. Take a look at the diagram below to see how it works:
Here are a few other services that Incapsula offers:
- Incapsula LBaaS (Load Balancer-as-a-Service) supports a variety of load balancing algorithms, with or without a persistence override option, to optimize traffic distribution across servers, maximize application performance and reduce server load. For organizations operating multiple data centers, or hybrid cloud environments, global server load balancing (GSLB) ensures high availability and reliable application performance.
- When it comes to Automatic Site Failover, Incapsula supports automatic failover between primary and secondary sites to enable high availability and accelerate disaster recovery, without any TTL-related delays. As soon as Imperva detects that your primary site has gone down, a standby data center automatically kicks in.
- Incapsula sets the standard for DDoS Protection, offering a portfolio of services that protect against the largest network, application, and DNS targeted attacks. Protection is available for web servers, single IP addresses or entire Class C networks.
While Imperva works hard to protect your company’s information and help you comply with regulations, they provide even further value in their solutions’ ability to easily deploy and operate at enterprise scale. Imperva brings three advantages to the table, each of them brings a total value of ownership much greater than any other security and compliance solution.
- Cyber Security Experts – Imperva is comprised of leading experts in security and compliance, including our professional services, engineering, and research teams.
- Trusted By Industry Leaders – More than 5,200 customers worldwide, including financial services firms, healthcare companies, and government agencies, rely on Imperva to protect data and applications.
- Recognized As Best-In-Class – Imperva is the only leader for three consecutive years in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls.
To learn more about Imperva and Incapsula visit www.imperva.com.