It Starts with a Global SIM
The Internet of Things allows objects to be sensed and controlled remotely across existing network infrastructure, creating opportunities for more direct integration between the physical world and computer-based systems, and resulting in improved efficiency, accuracy and economic benefit. AT&T Global SIM enables ordering and provisioning in multiple countries through a single flexible platform that can dynamically adapt to a changing business environment. Provisioning hundreds or thousands of devices worldwide for the Internet of Things (IoT) and machine-to-machine is a complicated task. AT&T Global SIM connectivity helps make that easy. In a single solution, you gain:
- Reliable global network connectivity, based on the global GSM standard for high-speed wireless delivery and global roaming into 200+ countries and territories.
- Single global SIM for provisioning worldwide.
- Standard interface for deploying and connecting mobile assets in more than 200 countries.
- Easy, cost-effective connected device management with integrated SIM provisioning, billing and reporting tools.
- Ease of expansion and scaling.
- Relationship with a single global carrier with connectivity to over 500 carrier networks.
- Access to experts in network connectivity, mobile applications, device certifications, and enterprise technical support.
IoT Connectivity: LTE-M
Outside the global SIM, a key differentiator for AT&T is their LTE. IoT wireless networks are evolving to help meet the needs of a wide variety of connected devices and services. When making decisions on IoT system architectures, you want coverage, long battery life, and lower costs. You also need a reliable, scalable network that offers nationwide coverage and carrier-grade security. Now, with LTE-M, you can get the highly secure benefits of cellular service with optimized features designed specifically for IoT industries and applications. LTE-M is a Low-Power Wide-Area (LPWA) technology deployed by AT&T to support today’s IoT devices, even in the most challenging environments.
What is the Operations Center?
The Operations Center is a customizable, client-ready solution. It enables businesses to track, monitor and manage assets from a centralized UI, offering a flexible solution for better connecting companies and their assets. So, what are some of the benefits?
- Data-powered insights in near real-time
- Compatible with multiple LTE and LTE-M devices
- Supports 3G, 4G satellite connectivity
- Enables multiple types of assets on a single platform
- Offers easy integration into a variety of applications
- Provides end-to-end security for sensor data and asset management
- Maximized scalability and global capability
- Hosted on the Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Powered by the AT&T networks
To learn more about AT&T visit www.business.att.com.