The November 8th, 2022, Telarus Tuesday call welcomed Gregg Rowe, Chief Channel Officer, Globalgig. Why Globalgig? Gregg Rowe from Globalgig presented some of the unique features that Globalgig can offer Telarus partners, including its strategic service plans, Globalgig SIM, Flexible Management Options, and much more. The entire recording can be viewed here.
Their story started in 2007 in the U.K. with a vision to find a more straightforward and lower-cost way for mobile communications across the globe. They developed and patented a multi-carrier SIM card (Multi-IMSI SIM) that can establish wireless connections with more than one mobile carrier, bringing seamless communication worldwide. Today, Globalgig has grown from being a global MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) to a provider of global communications services for enterprises worldwide with technologies such as SD-WAN, wireless, UCaaS, and managed network services. Working closely with their innovative customers, they’re known in the industry for their expertly designed solutions that simplify complex problems.
What Sets Globalgig Apart
- Focus on innovation and working with innovators
- Designing solutions that simplify complex problems
- Delivering measurable results
- Providing unbiased guidance for customers based on deep expertise
- Building long-term relationships with their customers and partners
- Dedicated and knowledgeable employees that deliver best-in-industry services
- An executive team has worked together for 20+ years across three companies
Globalgig is Global
Most of Globalgig’s customers have highly distributed networks and sites, and half have global locations outside the United States.
Globalgig utilizes teams in the U.S., U.K., Europe, and Australia.
SD Wan has changed the world regarding the vast area that works. It’s shifted to a put-in-place, compelling overlay technology. Their Palo Alto and Cisco platforms are managed platforms they design and care for. And four-dinette platforms, as well as the wireless platforms that are specialized more of a fit for maybe in a wide area. Networking use case retail being critically pointed peplink. But that overlay is often funded by just a bunch of internet.
Hyperconnect with the Globalgig Sim
- 200+ Countries
- Local Wireless Access
- Conventional SIMs and eSIMs
Flexible Management Options
- 3 Services Levels, depending on support requirements and needs
- Turnkey and cost-effective
Globalgig can also provide Managed SD-WAN Services on customer owned/provided equipment. Check with your Globalgig salesperson for terms and equipment currently supported in this program.
- Any Vertical / Industry
- No three-letter agencies
But here is the catch, do they want a managed service?
- Do they have time for care and feeding?
- When an event does happen, do you have resources?
- When an event does occur, do you have experience with recovery?
- Is this the mission of our organization?
Customer Use Cases
SD-WAN for Solar Panel Manufacturers
I am solving for cost savings, modularity, scalability, simplification, and independence.
- The customer had 3 MPLS networks and frequently needed to add and remove sites
- 17 locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, and Asia, with Data Center Head, Ends in the US and Europe with a plan to add APAC
- Bandwidth, costs, and complexity impacted WAN user experience and business agility
Globalgig Managed SD-WAN Solution Provided
- Customers no longer needed expensive, rigid, and complex MPLS for their WAN
- 7x bandwidth increase while saving customers £1M annually using DIA, broadband, and 4G LTE
- Modular design afforded easy expansion and contraction
POS & CRM Resiliency
Auto Repair company was trying to solve for affordable & effective solution.
- 1200 retail locations across the USA
- Needed a secondary connection that integrated with their Meraki SDWAN network
- Any single Mobile Network Operator couldn’t serve customer’s locations
- The customer needed to run primary on 4G LTE in areas where broadband was delayed.
- The customer required public static IP
Globalgig LTE Failover Solution Provided
- A single US data pool that utilized AT&T and Verizon’s networks for optimal performance
- Orchestra Management Platform to manage SIMs and data usage
- Flexible project management for a joint rollout of the customer’s Meraki network and 4G LTE across 12 stores