WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT COGENT COMMUNICATIONS
- The Cogent network is connected to more than 2,125 buildings, including 1,450 office buildings and more than 750 data centers.
- Cogent bandwidth is symmetrical, with their most popular product being 100 / 100 Mbps. A port on the network is reserved just for you so you’ll never experience slow times during peak traffic hours.
- Their IP only, simple product set ensures a low cost of operations and they pass that savings on to their customers. It also allows for a shorter provisioning cycle, with our On-Net SLA guaranteeing service in 17 business days or less.
- Cogent’s Ethernet transport products include both Point-to-Point (VLAN-based Connectivity) and VPLS (Any-to-Any connectivity) options. Whether it’s point-to-point, hub and spoke, or full mesh, take advantage of large capacity pipes and configure them to fit your WAN needs.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
DEDICATED INTERNET ACCESS
Cogent is ranked among the top five networks in the world. Their internet access is dedicated, non-oversubscribed and backed by one of the best SLAs available. Cogent provides On-Net Internet access to more than 2,250 buildings directly connected to our IP backbone. In these buildings, Cogent’s optical fiber physically runs through the building. Cogent provides Off-Net Internet access to more than 190 markets. Off-Net traffic also runs over the Cogent network, but a telco tail circuit connects the customer to our IP backbone. Off-Net service allows us to extend our reach exponentially, making Cogent service available to hundreds of thousands of additional businesses.
If you locate your building using our Service Locations tool, it is On-Net
Cogent’s IP Transit service runs over Cogent’s worldwide Tier 1, IPv6 enabled, optical IP network – one of the largest of its kind with over 56,000 route miles (90.000 km) of long-haul fiber and more than 28,100 miles (45.200 km) of metropolitan fiber. Cogent’s Autonomous System AS174 has direct connectivity to more than 5,580 AS (Autonomous System) networks around the world and over 75,500 Gbps internetworking capacity.
Cogent provides solutions that fit your private line needs, whether it’s point-to-point or multipoint-to-multipoint, hub and spoke or full mesh. Take advantage of their large capacity pipes and configure them as you wish.
- FULL SLA. SLA guarantees 100% global network availability, 99.9% packet delivery, less than 45 milliseconds roundtrip latency and proactive outage notification within 15 minutes.
- FULL RACK. In most locations they offer a full (39U) rack where others might offer a half or a third. The rack includes a cross connect to Cogent bandwidth at no cost and competitively priced 20- or 30-amp circuits.
- RAPID INSTALLATION. Your service will be installed in 17 days or less—guaranteed. Most service installations average just 8 days.
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT. Technical expertise is just a phone call away 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- MONITORING. All data centers are monitored 24×7, as is their network.
- OTHER SERVICES. Select from Dedicated Internet Access, Ethernet Point-to-Point or Helping Hands.