The June 11th Telarus Tuesday call welcomed IBM strategic sales representative, Ed Kimm, to discuss the value and strength of IBM cybersecurity in the market.
Who is IBM?
IBM stands for International Business Machines, and they are over 100 years old. They are the original technology company. When it comes to security, IBM is the leader in twelve main security segments. IBM has nine thousand patents; this is the highest amount of patents a company has had for twenty-six years in a row. They are the largest research and development technology organization in the world. IBM has relationships with everybody in the industry. This is part of the reason why IBM has been a leader in so many industry sectors as well as technologies. Former IBMers have written many of the leading software applications that industries are using today. IBM is known for its mainframe servers, but one of the things IBM is trying to do is shift from a software and hardware company to a services and consulting company. Today IBM has expansive security service offerings:
IBM navigates any industry sector at any size. Compliance is a challenging part of doing business today; with IBM, you can simplify compliance complexity with talent and technology.
- Follow the Data: Visibility is the key to continuous compliance. You need to be aware of how your organization is handling data, whether it’s at rest or in motion, and able to prove compliance at any point. Regardless of the technology in place, IBM provides security and compliance that follows your organization’s rapidly growing amounts of data throughout the lifecycle no matter what type of data it is or where it lives.
- Simplify Compliance: Solving for complexity is something IBM understands well. They’ve helped clients across industries simplify and automate their compliance process to create compliance solutions that meet extreme needs for scalability and flexibility. With a technology-agnostic approach and a team of experts, we can help you solve your compliance needs.
- Leverage IBM security expertise: Organizations that excel at compliance stand apart from those who just meet baselines. When compliance is part of your strategic plan, your organization spends less time reacting and more time leading the competition. IBM’s expert-led services help organizations improve, automate, and anticipate compliance activities for a competitive advantage.
Because of IBM’s size, tenure, and resources, they can support every IT need your customer has (not limited to):
- Penetration Testing
- Information Security Assessment
- Incident Response Retainer (IRIS)
- Managed Security Services (MSSP)
- X-Force Red Vulnerability Management Services
- Managed SIEM
- Network & FW
- Digital Workspace Services (DaaS)
To learn more about IBM, visit www.ibm.com.