The December 10th Telarus Tuesday call welcomed AT&T’s senior director cybersecurity, Nick Simmons, and Telarus VP of business development, Dominique Singer, to discuss cybersecurity and how to leverage risk to uncover opportunities to protect and win with AT&T Cybersecurity Solutions. The entire recording is available here.
AT&T Cybersecurity: A New Approach
When it comes to cybersecurity, AT&T has a new approach to unified security management. This means they are bringing together phenomenal threat intelligence called Alien Labs, a collaborative defense with cybersecurity, as well as bringing it all together to provide security without the seams. Their customers have an entire security division working together from sales to AT&T’s Alien Labs team collaborating.
So, what does their security lifecycle look like?
- Asses & Plan
- Understand the environment
- Identify vulnerabilities
- Assess risk
- Plan for compliance audits
- Plan strategic transformation
- Plan security strategy
- Protect & Prevent
- Secure the infrastructure
- Protect threat vectors
- Implement policy controls
- Manage security posture
- Augment/implement security
- Train Users
- Detect & Respond
- Detect threats
- Orchestrate response
- Remediate and recover
- Maintain business continuity
AT&T’s main goal is to keep it simple.
When you think about Cyber Risk Posture Assessments, don’t think of this as taking a look at the technologies customers have in place or what they are doing as an instant response. Think of this as a full holistic outlook of managing and understanding their risks. When it comes to Cyber Risk Posture Assessments, AT&T has three offerings:
Reactive DDoS Defense is something every organization should have if they have any external IP addresses. AT&T’s offering includes:
- Usage-based on the number of times mitigation is requested.
- Simultaneous mitigation of up to ten hosts or public IP addresses, 8-hour period.
- Supports AT&T ADI-
- 10Mbps and up to, but not including 100Mbps
- 100Mbps and up to 1Gpbs circuit
- MRC 10Mbps up to, but not including 100Mbps = $98/month
- 100Mbps up to 1Gbps = $301/month per circuit charge
AT&T’s Global Security Gateway is a cloud-native approach to web and internet security.
Lastly, AT&T also has a Managed Threat Detection & Response solution to offer.
To learn more about AT&T, visit https://www.business.att.com/.