The March 13th Telarus Tuesday call brought Steve Bergquist of Sprint to talk about Sprint’s MultiLine and Dialpad. Also joining us is Chris Whitaker, Sierra Wireless national director of channel sales to discuss their Managed Connectivity Services.
According to Enterprise Mobility, 91 percent of enterprise IT decision makers say their companies support BYOD programs. The phone number a customer uses to call your business is important. There’s a relationship attached to it, if that phone number is an employee’s personal line, then you give up some control over the customer relationship. Sprint MultiLine solves that problem. Sprint MultiLine is a solution that provides a company-owned number for official business voice and text on employees’ personal smartphones. Employees can now manage their business and personal communications on their preferred device. The Sprint MulitiLine app works as a business phone without needing any additional SIM card or a separate device.
Sprint’s MultiLine key features include the following:
- Full-Featured Phone Application – Includes separate dialer, contact list, caller ID, voicemail, SMS & Call logs, “Do Not Disturb,“ auto-attendant, transfer, 3-way conferencing, and scheduler.
- Mobile Recording – Enables call recoding and text logging at an individual or group level to satisfy compliance obligations.
- Carrier Agnostic – Deploys over any primary device, regardless of underlying carrier.
- Secure – Works seamlessly with leading enterprise mobility management (EMM) solutions to protect company information.
- Carrier Grade Coverage – Ensures high call quality on cellular voice, mobile data, and WiFi.
- Easy to Use – Utilizes a simple, intuitive interface for a positive employee’s experience.
With the Sprint MultiLine Management Portal, you can manage all company phone numbers and settings through a simple-to-use web portal that delivers real-time insights into usage. This portal includes number provisioning which provides complete control over company numbers; so they can be reassigned and reclaimed in seconds. It also includes mobile analytics which tracks data, text, and voice usage on the business line to better control mobile costs and simplify employee reimbursement. Lastly, it includes policy management which allows features (e.g., Mobile Recording) to be turned on or off to satisfy company or regulatory requirements.
If you are thinking about selling Sprint MultiLine, there are a few questions you can ask your customers to figure out if they are a good fit.
- How do you enable workforce mobility?
- Do you have a formal BYOD strategy in place?
- What financial pressures does your mobility strategy create?
- Do your employees conduct business using their personal phones?
- What happens when those employees leave the company?
- How do you comply with regulatory requirements like recording?
- How do you see your infrastructure evolving?
With mobile workforces becoming the norm in the modern business, companies are rethinking their current communication needs. Dialpad is a business-grade voice system designed to help your users stay connected and productive wherever they go on whatever device they’re using. Built to integrate with the collaboration tools your people use every day, Dialpad gives your users a business phone number they can access on all their devices.