The January 16th Telarus Tuesday call brought OmniNet’s CEO Andrew Bagrin and, senior director of channel development, Matthew Lorenzen to talk about how to offer your customers enhanced connectivity and advanced Cybersecurity.
Since the beginning of 2016, there have been over 4,000 ransomware attacks every day. This means the average ransom demand has risen to $1,077. Along with the threats and the cybercrime out there, when we take a look at the actual traffic of internet it seems to be moving in the direction of spam emails. As of the most recently reported period, spam emails accounted for 60 percent of email traffic worldwide. When you look at the traffic on the internet, 48 percent of it is bots, which is traffic on the bandwidth that’s not business related. As threats are building up and new techniques are being utilized to get in on-premise devices have had to increase their security feature set. As companies add these filtering engines and security features, they have to increase the processing speed of these devices which in turn increases the cost of the device and subscription.
OmniNet delivers the next generation of Fortune 500-grade cybersecurity and is the only provider in the market to move the edge of small businesses to a virtual, omnipresent perimeter. Their patented technology delivers robust yet simplified cloud security and eliminates bandwidth pollution, which is inherent to traditional premise-based security solutions. To avoid the usage of on-premise devices, OmniNet has moved everything to the cloud. Now that OmniNet is not limited to an on-premise device they can have the full unified threat management stack virtually hosted in the cloud. They are no longer limited to a box, its processing power or its upfront cost. The OmniNet Cloud is a multi-layered, sophisticated security stack that inspects all traffic at wire speed using up to six industry-leading security engines. All data is tunneled to the OmniNet Cloud to go through a rigorous screening process detecting and blocking any malware, malicious links/content, threats or intrusions. Everything happens in the OmniNet Cloud so that no threats can get close to your network or your data. This rigorous filtering process is applied to both incoming and outbound traffic. Anything going in or out is thoroughly cleaned, and your network is protected.
OmniShield is the next-generation cybersecurity solution that extends your company’s perimeter to all your sites while providing omnipresent, enterprise-grade security. It is nextgen tech and does what no traditional, premises-based security solution can do: It is always there, limitless, and virtual. So what are some of OmniShield’s Features?
- Anti-Malware: Advanced antivirus and antispyware
- Advanced Threat Protection (ATP): Protects against Advanced Persistent Threats
- Basic Reporting: Weekly email
- Blocking of Embargoed Countries: by the United States and European Union
- Intrusion Prevention System (IPS): Blocks attacks
- Malicious Website Protection: Blocks phishing and malware sites
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP): Prevents sensitive data such as credit card numbers from leaving the network
- Suspicious Activity Monitoring: Monitors for any malicious or suspicious activity and traffic
- Firewall: Perimeter defense
- VoIP QoS: Voice Quality of Service
- Website Filtering: Block inappropriate or nonproductive websites
- LAN Separation for Dedicated PCI Network: PCI Compliance
- Denial of Service (DOS): Volume-based attacks
- Botnet (Malware Communication): Defense system
- Application Control: Block nonproductive or dangerous applications
We are never satisfied with bandwidth. When it feels slow, we buy more thinking it will help. Why do MPLS lines cost many times more for a lot less bandwidth? It’s because MPLS takes other important metrics into consideration not just bandwidth. There is latency, jitter, packet loss, stability, control, and prioritization. In most applications, bandwidth is the least important of all these metrics. OmniWAN brings all of the important quality metrics to your existing internet connection, turning your cable and DSL into the enterprise quality of MPLS, without the price tag. OmniWan’s features include:
- Dynamic Adaptation
- Latency and Jitter Control
- Packet Loss Reduction
- Bandwidth Fluctuation Control
- Quality of Service
- Traffic Prioritization
- Fragmentation Reduction
- Omni-Link – Site to Site vMPLS
- Increased Reliability
- Bandwidth Stacking
- Packet Level Link Balancing
- Lossless Failover
- Transmission Security
- Network Connection Monitoring
To learn more about OmniNet and their offerings visit www.omninet.io.