Learn all about RapidScale's Cloud Solutions
The August 1st Telarus Tuesday call brought RapidScale Partner Experience Manager for the Central Region, Paul Overstreet to talk about the Cloud Solutions RapidScale has to offer. The entire recording can be found here.
Who is RapidScale?
RapidScale was founded in 2008 and is now known as the number one managed cloud services provider with a global footprint. They strive to be the most customer-oriented managed cloud services provider in the industry. Their objective is to understand your organization’s long-term goals around delivering, supporting, and managing IT. RapidScale’s personalized cloud solutions reflect the understanding that no two businesses are the same and their cloud solutions shouldn’t be either.
To make it easy for their customers, RapidScale has a full suite of white-glove services, not just from starting the conversation but also through service delivery. RapidScale provides exceptional attention to detail, assurance of a smooth transition and managed migrations. They also provide 24x7x365 support, with complete end-to-end management and monitoring of a client’s environment. Rapidscale is focused on building long-term relationships with their customers.
Acquisition of Vonage’s Hosted Infrastructure Segment
- Growth of client base and revenue
- Growth of RapidScale team
- Expanded East Coast footprint
- Office in Tysons, VA
Expansion of Raleigh Office
- Building out new office space
- Growing a team of 30 employees, including talent in egineering, accoung management, support and more
Their Cloud Solutions
When people think about cloud, infrastructure as a service is one of the first things that comes to mind. For RapidScale, that’s what a lot of their customers go to them for, it is one of their number one revenue generating platforms.
Some of the CloudServer benefits are:
- Simplicity - Replace on-premise servers, support, upgrades and backups with CloudServer.
- Economics - Pay as you go consumption pricing.
- Scalability - CloudServer services are hosted in multiple data centers in the United States, Europe, and Asia for maximum scale and geographic diversity.
- Performance - Ability to add vCPU, vRam, and storage on-demand to ensure optimal application performance.
- Security - Customers are isolated in protected resource pools and VLANs to ensure maximum physical and virtual security.
Detailed Service Description and Deliverables:
- RapidScale Provided Virtual machines
- Virtual Machines include:
- Operating system as specified on order
- vCPU, vRam, and Storage as specified on order
- Unlimited Data Transfer (Internet Bandwidth)
- Public and/or Private IP Addresses
- Public IPs must be justified per ARIN standards
- Admin Access to operating systems and provisioning portal
- Monitoring, emergency reboots, connectivity, 24x7 support
Standard and Management Features:
When you take the end user into consideration and how they interact with an environment and applications, you realize that more and more end users are working from home. RapidScale can provide a desktop as a service solution in a secure way across any device.
- Security - Lock down legacy PCs by forcing them to RapidScale’s CloudDesktop platform, and we take care of support, patching, backups, and virus protection
- Productivity - Users can access their CloudDesktop from anywhere at any time, while administration is centrally controlled
- Performance - RapidScale maintains the highest performance enterprise infrastructure available on the market today - 10G Core Network, Cisco UCS Compute, NetApp All Flash Storage
- Scalability - CloudDesktops can be upgraded on the fly with little to no impact to the end-user
Standard and Optional & Management Features:
CloudOffice is a bundled, multi-tenant virtual desktop solution that includes a Windows 10 desktop experience, company file share, user profile storage, Microsoft Office 2016, as well as many other common productivity applications. Self-service provisioning of desktops and applications via a robust portal is also a key feature of the CloudOffice service.
RapidScale’s fully managed CloudMail offering allows businesses to enjoy the benefits of Hosted Exchange without the server management, troubleshooting, device setup, and much more. Managed cloud customers also have access to their 24x7x365 customer support for time help.
- Benefit from the latest version of Microsoft Exchange
- Automatic updates with ActiveSync across all devices
- Built-in integrated email archiving, retention and discovery capabilities that save costs and simplify the process of preserving business communications
- 50GB per mailbox
Standard and Management Features:
Benefits of CloudRecovery:
- Increased uptime and data protection for business critical applications
- No capital expenses
- Predictable costs
- Low RPO/RTO times
Standard and Optional Features:
To learn more about RapidScale visit rapidscale.net